Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happi Sankusugibin!

Tittle: Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is Thanksgiving, at least here it is. Yesterday the International Lounge had it's International food party, like a pseudo Thanksgiving party. Make a dish from your country and share it with everyone. I made Cheesy Potatoes and mashed potatoes. And I am so proud of them!...Sadly that picture went to the internal memory of my camera and I don't have a way to get it off cause I didn't bring that cord! My computer just has an SD card slot so I just get the pictures off that way! Sad Day! but I will fix it! But yea, i set the potatoes down at the party and they were all gone in like 3 minutes. Its not that they don't have potatoes here, they just don't prepare them in that fashion.





There was stuffing, green bean cassarole, chili, some Korean dish was hella spicy but delicious. Abby made tons of mini pumpkin pies. There's a small international food shop in the shopping complex near us and they had cans of pumpkin.



They were very delicious. And the next night we had our own in the Seminar House Lounge.



When Abby went to the store to get more Pumpkin there wasn't any!!! She with a little bit of my help she made a blue berry...pie...cobbler...thing...It was tasty.




I must say it was a good substitute for being with my real family. Thought the skype session I had with them all on friday morning for thier Thanksgiving made my entire weekend. Even though I accidentally broke me DBZ Head phones, deepest, darkest of all sadness. maybe now they all understand why I wanted them all to download it before I left. Lol. My skype name is level7_gretchen, and my yahoo is Charcoal_Sketch. I would love to talk to everyone!

All is well, Gretchen

PS I managed to color correct and get salvage a pic of the cola fiasco! You can only see a little bit on the ceiling though. My kind of camera, Nikon, actually has a film on the lens and makes all pics turn out either slightly or much more yellow than there really is, and some times even photoshop can't save the pic. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment