Saturday, September 11, 2010

Suupaa ni ikimasu

Title: Going to the Super Market

My body doesn't know what it wants to do today just as much as it did yesterday. I tried to sleep in a little bit since I didn't have anything to do today, but nope. I tired and tired but I couldn't sleep anymore so I got up at 9 am and did some more packing. I think my room pulled together nicely. In the mini apartment I share with Kanae there is a kitchen area with a large sink, hot plate, and mini fridge. Two rooms, both small but one more so than the other, my room (it was cheaper. The bathroom is actually pretty genius. It opens up like an entry way and there's a sink and mirror. The toilet and shower-tub-thing and in separate closet like rooms off of this.

Our little entry way, and yes we do take off our shoes when we go in or out.


>
Kitchen


Shower-Tub-Thing


My Room!

As you see in the picture, I have a balcony and its wonderful. The huge glass doors give a great view.


Around 11 a bunch of us walked to a super market, for basic food until Monday, which is when some fourth year students will be taking us to the Deepaato, a department store. Which is more like a multi-floored mall where the floors have specific items. But we just walked to the super market down the street.
I remember more Japanese then I thought I did so I haven't had any real trouble communicating, nothing that hand gestures don't fix.It's actually a real shame because I forgot my camera on this expedition. Sad Faces, but that won't be the last time I go to the super market. If it weren't for the not-so-nice exchange rate everything is so cheap here, compared to home. Its just the packaging is so different, really cool.


It's wonderful. More later.It's only 9 pm here, but now I'm really tired, so I'm going to sleep and see if I can catch up, or stall...what ever my body needs to do. Night.

Gretchen

Oh, and there was a cardboard box in the staircase with a bunch of stuff left by last semesters students for free, but by the time I got to it there wasn't much left, but I did manage to get my hands on this.


I now own my very own Japanese Noodler. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment