Monday, January 31, 2011

SainanDa!!!

Title: Disaster!!!

BLAH! Just when I think that I'm going to keep up on my blog posts this time...well lets just say that my computer is less than simple to use right now. Some of you probably already know, but about a week ago I dropped a full water bottle on the screen on my beloved computer. Luckily it was closed so there was no water involved but my screen is utterly useless. I can use the TV in the lounge as a super screen though, but only when some one else isn't using it. After running about like a chicken with my head cut off I learned that the HP here in Japan can't replace my screen, even if they had the part it would have cost upwards of 600 dollars and I only paid about 750 for it in the first place. The next conclusion was to send it back to the states and have Dad ship it to the HP there...it would still cost 600 buck though. So now the plan is to buy a screen online and put it in myself. It's adventure time people.



Kinda how my weeks gone.

But other than that things are awesome. The school year for the regular Japanese students is over, but we still have more classes. And then an internship, mine being at an Elementary School. Its going to be awesome.



Its a pretty good picture of us. Jessica, Abby, Dylan, and Myself. Coming back on the train from Ossu, the big out door shopping area. Since a lot of the other exchange students left its been really quiet, but all in all really awesome.

All is well

Gretchen



That, and check this out


Yes, folks you can buy your very own Han Solo here in Ossu! And on the top floor of a guitar shop no less.

1 comment:

  1. Replacing something on a computer isn't so hard, you'll be able to do it. Get some instructions (you can usually find them by googling "replace _______ on [your computer type]"). Take it slow and keep track of your screws.

    Get it fixed and we can Skype -- I got a new computer and it has built in cam/mic. :)

    ReplyDelete