Sunday, October 3, 2010

Keitaidenwa

Title: Cell Phone

Probably the newest thing since my last update is that I now have a cell phone!

A prepaid thing from SoftBank, one of the main phone companies here in Japan. The phone itself only cost about 25$ and with the charger and a phone card it was less than 70 dollars in all. It may cost a bit more but I am able to call the states on this phone! So when I'm sure I have enough minutes I'll give a call maybe, I'm not sure. My number is (090) 9942-5183. I was able to make the last four number of it so I just kept them the same for ease. But this excursion all started with all of us girls going out to Sakae, the shopping district of town.




These guys are what Jessica has lovingly labled the K-Dogs, our Koreans. JuYoun and HunJin. JuYoun, in the skirt is Abby's roommate. We all, (Rauchelle, Erin, Jessica, JuYoun, HunJin, Abby and I) went out for lunch and then took the subway to Sakae, but not before stopping at a Conbini for icecream and finding this.

It's totally Mario's 25th birthday!


And I found these. They are totally individually wrapped pancakes as snacks.



Though Sunday after noon I got to see GomiNeko, Trash Cat, up close. She's(its small so I thinks its a girl) always seen in and around our trash cans. Now she's been taking to napping in bicycle baskets. She seems interested in people, but won't let any of us close enough to pet her.


This week's food adventure was with Octopus, and other than looking up to see how I could tell if it was cooked properly I totally winged it.

I started by sauteing it in...well I don't know what exactly, but I added some chopped up garlic and butter. Added some tofu for extra protein, and...some other sauce I can't really tell what it is, and served it over noodles.


It was actually a success! Tasty, tasty success!


All is well
Love Gretchen

1 comment:

  1. Wow, big things happening. I want to go on ferris wheel, but not want octy. LOL I also liked the mMrio Bro thingy. Keep up the good work honey. Love You Grama
    P S You can't bring the cat home., but its cute, I named it Freda.

    ReplyDelete